October 20, 2012

Grades are out :)

Well the grades are out and the verdict is in... 
I didn't make the list (Dean's List) this time :(

I know it sounds conceited for me to be this disappointed just because I didn't make it to the dean's list, but I just can't help it. When I first entered college I never pushed myself to be in this list but when I saw my name reach that list, at first I felt proud but didn't make it my standard. But as my name kept being on that list, I ended up making it my standard. And now here I am, disappointed that I didn't reach the list by just a measly 0.007 points. If that was gone, I would've still made the list flat-out. 

Well, I could never really get my feelings about this out to my classmates because they would say stuff like "well at least you passed", "so? i almost didn't make it to the class" and "you're worrying about that?". I know, I know, I know, I shouldn't be worrying about it. True, at least I passed the semester without a failure. At least, the grades that I got are good enough for any student. Maybe, the fact that I put myself up to this pedestal, created my downfall as well. 


What am I saying? This is not considered a downfall. A downfall is when you failed a subject and you got delayed in your course. This is just a sign telling me to keep my feet on the ground. This doesn't mean that I should stop myself from striving hard to reach the list next semester. This is just on of the minor blocks along the way. People did say that it is not the grades that makes a person a professional at his/her work but it is the determination, perseverance and hardwork that is put into everything that is done. 

No comments: