October 9, 2013

Here's the thing...

I don't care if people who are involved in this issue will read this or not.
Well, I don't even think they can, since I didn't post a link of this blog somewhere they are rampantly frequenting.

This picture...

It haunts me every time anyone posts similar pictures to this. And then they caption it with "38 till 2015". Ha! That caption makes me wanna puke and sneer at them. Try to count how many people are in this picture. Well, if you don't even wanna try cause I'll just say it in a while, it's 35. There are exactly 35 people in this f**ing picture. 

Let me tell you the story behind this picture. Well, that was the day where our class was supposed to have our class picture, as you can well see. We were designated to be at the venue by 12nn. As we were dismissed 30 minutes before 12, me and my friends thought of buying lunch first expecting that someone would text us when the class picture taking would begin. After we bought our food, we were wondering why no one has sent us a text yet, so we figured lets just go to venue maybe they're there already. To our surprise, we arrived at the venue just in time for their LAST PICTURE.

WOW! and I must repeat that WOW. Talk about friendship or camaraderie. We've been classmates for 4 years and not even once did they think that they were incomplete. Hell! not even the class president thought any different. They just went along taking more than 10 pictures of themselves and didn't even bother. Well why would they bother right? It's not like we're part of any of their barkadas or groups. It's not like they care about anyone but themselves. It's not like it's common sense to double-check if everyone is there and sending out a text to tell everyone that its time to take the class picture. I guess they just assumed everyone is complete when they came to the venue.

Well, let me tell you this. When me and my friends arrived to the venue, I felt hurt and disappointed. But I suddenly thought, "Who am I to them? If that's the case then let them have their fun". My  friend didn't realize that me and my other friend suddenly stopped and started walking away. As she approached the group, they were shocked and dumbfounded but not the least bit guilty. They were actually sort of pissed that they had to take pictures again and because they were hungry as it was past lunch time already. Halfway in walking away, we were suddenly called back as to take the pictures again. Deep inside I didn't want to go back to them. As you can see in the picture below, there's an opposite of smiling face there. That's me and I just couldn't hide how I felt.


After this day, they started posting the pictures they took with their phones on facebook and I was hurt. They were all saying "38 to 2015", "first ever complete class picture" and etc. Because of that moment, I felt insecure and small. I mean maybe some of you guys might think, why the hell is she thinking that way so dramatic. But I just felt hurt and insignificant. I thought that we were all friends but it just turned out to be only on the surface. I guess for the sake of the fact that we will be working with each other till we graduate.

If you were in my shoes, wouldn't you be hurt as well?? :/

No comments: